Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our First Addition to Our Family


Well, of course some time has passed. We found out we were pregnant on January 13, 2006...it was Friday the 13th! It definitely wasn't bad news, but it was a pleasant surprise! I had a wonderful pregnancy...believe it or not, I never even threw up once. We found out we were having a boy and we decided to name him Austin Daniel. I went in for my OB appt the day before Austin was born and they did an ultrasound and saw that he was a very large baby and my chances of having a normal vaginal delivery were slim to none. I had a scheduled C-section the next and he was born at 1:33pm. Thank you to my sister's best friend Sandra who was my delivery room nurse...she is awesome! Austin was a chunky boy, he weighed 8 lbs, 12 oz and was 21 inches long. Lets just say I am glad I didn't have to push him through the canal. I had a wonderful recovery from my C-section...very little pain which nobody can believe! I bascially lived off of Motrin and a few Percocet here and there. Austin is our most precious gift ever...and one day we will have another addition to our family!

No comments: